Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Horseback Riding and lectures where you fall asleep with your mouth open.

Today we had the morning to do as we please. So, we headed out to the outskirts of Killarney to go horseback riding. It was amazing to first of all be on a horse for the first time in a few years. It was added plus to be on one in Ireland.

After sleeping in a bit, I edited some photos, ate a full Irish breakfast, and then headed out to the outskirts of town for horseback riding. It wasn’t what I had expected, with all the mountains and by a river, lake or two. No matter what I had been expecting, it was great. My mind cleared, and opening for free thought. All I could think of was how many different plants and things that were different looking, and how it looked like there was a stream flowing once beside the path we were riding along. Other than the fact that I lost my $7 sunglasses I was more than pleased with my 25 Euro ride.

Declan Malone, group editor of the Kerryman newspaper came to talk with the group next. It was very interesting to listen to him talk about all the things that he has done within journalism with a degree in psychology. I have to admit I was really tired during the visit and was not as involved in the talk, but did seem to point out how his newspaper is owned by the same company that the Belfast Telegraph is. I thought that the conflicting views in the republic and Northern Ireland would make it difficult to run both at the same time.

The end of the day consisted of editing some more photographs, pizza, pear Bulmers, packing, and going out to the dance the night away until sleep occurred at about 3:30 in the morning. All in all I got a lot out of the day even though I didn’t do as much as we had been doing during the day. I was able to get some photos edited to show my family and hang out leisurely with everyone and just do what I wanted. It was a good day, and great last night that I could go out and have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment