Thursday, May 20, 2010

The cliffs and midevil banquets: Words will never explain.

Today consisted of sitting on a bus 90% of the day. But it was worth it, because I was able to see the most remarkable and terrifying cliffs in the world. It was a more enjoyable bus ride than the one 2 days ago, which didn’t but a damper on the fact that it was our last day in Ireland. The jokes and conversations with everyone was different than the other days. I felt like everyone knew it was the last day and we were going to make it a great one (not that the others weren’t).

We first stopped in Adare, which is a small area with a church, a row of thatched roof houses and a visitor’s center. I really didn’t see a lot because I was just waking up, and didn’t really take it in as much as I should have. I was able to find some gifts for my family, which was a plus.

The Cliffs of Mohr were next. There is not a lot I can say about them. They were phenomenal. I was in awe of their beauty. It was a moment where everyone didn’t talk and just stared and took photos. It was another of those times were everyone seemed to think the same thing. The best part of the cliffs was experiencing it with everyone, which is the one thing I will remember more than anything from this trip. All the times that we just got each other, danced, sang, were silent of the amazing Ireland views, fell asleep in weird positions, said something that didn’t come out the right way, and just being in each others presences. Those are the times I will remember about the end of my college career.

After checking into the hotel and an hour of free time, we were off to a medieval banquet where I had a sip of awful mead, with a four-course meal. The history of the Bunratty castle and how it was going to be leveled when it was saved and furnished with authentic furniture from that time was amazing.

I then went back to the room, where I rearranged all my stuff so that it all fits and doesn’t go over the weight limit.

All of the images and memories will stick with me forever. There is not a lot other than that I can say.

No comments:

Post a Comment